Thursday, May 31, 2018

Don't stop confessing

Recently, I was trusting God for some very specific things.. I had scriptures I was holding on to and confessing with faith.  Within my own estimation of timing, I felt my prayers were not quite answered as I wanted and I just wanted to relax. My 'deadline' had passed so there was no urgency anymore. However, God reminded me about this scripture in Hebrews 10 verse 23:

Hebrews 10:23 KJV
Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;)

Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful.
Hebrews 10:23 NKJV
That scripture brought the spring back to my step!! It says don't stop confessing!! Don't stop believing... God who promised is faithful to keep his word!!

The truth is, God's time is not in our hands! OUR TIMES are IN HIS HAND!! Sometimes when life places a deadline on you, remember that God is Lord over time!! What puts us under pressure does not faze him!  When we learn to live like we truly live IN him, we will not be under any pressure cos we will realize that He is the one doing the living. We will learn to cast the burdens where they belong and allow Christ live IN us.

Sure we are on a journey to this full understanding, but let us be more deliberate about it! Like Paul said, let us continue because God is faithful.

He who calls you is  faithful, who also will do it.
I Thessalonians 5:24 NKJV
So, dear friend...it's not over until God's promise is in your hand. Don't change your confession. God IS faithful, He will do it .

Selah

No comments: